Key Stage 4
The philosophy units consist of many diverse topics:
- Why do people believe in God?
- Is there a correct way to worship?
- Should we mourn the dead?
- What does evil really mean?
- Do we have a right to use the earth for our own gains?
- Is there a meaning to life?
The ethics half of the course asks pupils to evaluate ideas on moral decisions:
- When does life begin?
- Do we ever have the right to take a life?
- Why do we punish people?
- Should we treat men and women differently?
- Is there a justification for war?
- Should we have censorship in the media?
Current Y11 GCSE - OCR
Current Y10 GCSE - AQA